|Partner: Centre of Social Services Prague (Czech Republic)|
Recently, there were published several research studies in the field of bullying, in the Czech Republic (http://prevence-praha.cz/index.php/vyzkumy).
- The research about high risk behaviour on the Internet was conducted among 21 000 Czech children. The study was published in 2014. 50 % of the children were at least once targeted by cyberbullying in their life.
- In 2016, there was a national research of cyberbullying targeted on teachers. 24 % of the teachers were cyberbullied in their career.
- In 2011, a research about, the aggressive behaviour among 3000 Czech children. 20 % were bullied during the last month.
- In 2015, Center for social services conducted a research among Prague teachers (app. 2000 respondents). 13 % of them were verbaly attacked by students. It is alarming, that 60 % of teachers did not attend any education in the field of anti-bullying.
|Partner: SCOSSE (Italy)|
- Accolla D. 2015 Omofobia, Bullismo e linguaggio giovanile, Villaggio Maori, Catania
- Bacchini D. e .al. La valutazione del bullismo negli insegnanti, Ricerche di Psicologia, n.1, vol. 23, 1999, pp.75-103
- Bartolucci M. 2015 (a cura di) Bullismo e cyber bullismo Maggioli Editore, Santarcangelo di Romagna (RN)
- Bellomi C. (a cura di) Educazione e nuovi media Save the children, Roma
- Benedetti T., Morosinotto D. 2016 Cyberbulli al tappeto Editoriale Scienza, Firenze
- Burgio G. 2012 Adolescenza e violenza, Mimesis,Milano
- Di Cola M.Pasquino M. 2015 Personaggi in cerca di autore. Sentimenti, relazioni, stereotipi e paure in terza media Edizioni Scosse, Roma
- Di Cola M.Pasquino M. 2016 Il genere, la scuola, l’adolescenza in La Ricerca, anno 3 num. 9 pp. 61-66
- Genta M.L., Brighi A., Guarini A. (2013) Cyberbullismo. Ricerche e strategie di intervento Franco Angeli, Milano
- Nanni W. (a cura di) 2012 Idee contro la discriminazione Save the children, Roma
- Olweus, D. 1996 Bullismo a scuola. Ragazzi oppressi, ragazzi che opprimono Giunti, Firenze
- Pisano L., Saturno M.E., “Lavorare sul bullismo o nel bullismo? Riflessioni epistemologiche ed aspetti metodologici dell’intervento nelle scuole medie superiori”, Aree, n. 53 2004, pp. 8-23.
- Sharp, S., Smith, P., K. 1995 Bulli e prepotenti nella scuola. Prevenzione e tecniche educative Erickson, Trento
|Partner: Autonomous University of Barcelona (Spain)|
Recent study on Cyber-bullying in Spain: I Study on Cyber-bullying according to those affected
Mutua Madrileña Foundation and ANAR Foundation, in Spain, have conducted the first study on cyber-bullying from the point of view of those affected. The study estimates that 1 in 4 cases of harassment occurs through technological means. This proportion increases with age so after 13 years old, 36.5% of cases of bullying (more than one in three) are cyber-bullying.
In addition, 70% of victims of cyber-bullying are girls. That is, seven out of ten cases of cyber-stalking victims are girls. This highlights the gendered nature of cyber-bulling, as it affects disproportionately girls and teenage girls.
According to the study, 92% of victims suffer some kind of psychological sequel, being the most frequent anxiety, followed by sadness, loneliness and low self-esteem.
The study was conducted based on the analysis of the database Calls ANAR Telephone Help for Children and Adolescents and the phone ANAR Adult and Family, which from 2013 to 2015 has attended 60,408 calls related to bullying of young people themselves or families affected, among which have been identified and followed 1,363 cases of bullying.
The study is available (in Spanish) here:
Book on bullying, awarded with the Catalan Literary Award Roc Boronat 2016
La ràbia (Rage), a brave novel about bullying by author Lolita Bosch, has won Catalan Literary Award Roc Boronat 2016. The jury awarded Lolita Bosch’s work unanimously because La ràbia is more than a necessary testimonial. It it’s a novel for everyone, told in first person. It is the account of many –way too many– bullied teens, from now and from 30 years ago, as the author herself. A novel everyone ought to read.
The author has created an intertwined story between her own experience of being bullied when she was a teenager, and the current experience of teenagers nowadays. She dedicated the award to everyone who has ever been bullied, but especially to three of the teenagers she interviewed during her research, who accompanied her to the event.
Press release (in English) here: